6.11.2008

Chipmunk cheeks


Tamias striatus came to our patio the other day. Though we have seen them in the woods, I hadn't seen one so close to the house yet. Luckily, Daru did not see it. Those spry little guys make her crazier than squirrels. I failed to get a great picture of its bulging cheeks which were making me laugh. It was just too fast. Some people in my family have chipmunk like cheeks when we smile. Rebekah and I had a friend who called us "Cheeky Weeky" and "Puffy Wuffy" (respectively) because of our chunky cheeks.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dawn said...

love the nicknames...haha!

Rebekah said...

I'd completely forgotten about those nicknames--and I definitely can't remember who gave them to us!

Rachel said...

Trevor Lewis I think...it all came back to me when I looked at the chipmunk....

Anonymous said...

some friend ;)