12.17.2006

Dr. Paul N. Ulrich, PhD

Paul received his PhD in Marine Biology after years of stuyding and writing a dissertation and traveling all over the world. He, I think, has now officially received his degree. In his recent crabbing experience, he was asked a question about the blue crab and he told me that the blue crab was a (to his credit, which tells you I am about to discredit his years of hard work, he did use a scientific word that starts with a "p" that I don't remember) __________ clam. Yes, a clam! This is what the education system is coming to- those with PhDs in the field think that crabs are clams. Whom can we trust?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, clams are mollusks and crabs are crustaceans, they're two different phylums!

Rachel said...

I am joking. Paul does know that crabs and clams are different- he just misspoke and I won't let him forget about it.

Anonymous said...

Still, the point is a good one -- who can we trust?? Personally, my perspective is: the higher the degree, the less they can be trusted. Thus, them folks with those fancy "PhD's," I recommend checking everything they say on google...

Charles said...

Clams vs. Crabs...mollusks vs. crustaceans...who cares...the one thing i know is this, my name is Charles Philip and I live in Canada.

Unknown said...

So you don't know me Rachel, but I use to sleep with Doug...or rather in the same cabin as him. I was a "camper" he had a long time ago.